Friday, April 3, 2015

Pro-668 Update and Uniden needs to get a clue

So now I am 2 plus weeks with the Pro-668.  Now that the honeymoon period and ended and reality has set in, I can say that my opinion has not changed much.   There is some tweaking that you can do, and there are some really good posts on radio reference (in the GRE and RS forums) on what to adjust.

The TDMA issue I posted about, turns out the be a specific channel on the NJICS system coming off Montana Mountain.  After some testing, I determined that any TDMA traffic coming over on 773.03125, will not decode on either the Pro-668, or the Uniden BCDx36 radio's.  Normal P25 traffic will however decode.  Since I don't have a real TMDA radio, I can't tell if this is something with the scanner's themselves, or if that tower is having an issue.    We don't have a whole lot of TDMA radio's in this area, so this may very well be an issue and is just going un-noticed for a while.  I am also interested to see if this is isolated to my tower, or if this is a wide spread issue.

After getting a break with the iPhone Siren App release, The BCDx36 owners are once again screaming.  This time the internal clock batteries appear to be failing.  I never had a problem until I plugged that damn WiFi dongle in mine.  I made it through 2 months of minus temperatures, and I put the dongle in 1 time and the clock is all screwed up.   I have a feeling you may be seeing another recall.  Nice Going!

No comments:

Post a Comment